Exciting times in blog search country:
- Technorati seems to have figured out how to make its cosmos search fast again. About time, as I said earlier.
- Google has just launched its long awaited blog search. It is also available under the Blogger brand (scoop via Battelle). Makes one wonder when Yahoo and MSN will do the same.
- Labnotes reports on more search engines to surface soon: blogslive, topicblogs, and omni-explorer.
Question: can someone make a meta-blog-search-service (like an on-line Copernic for blogs) that :
- searches all “who-links-to-me” blog search engines
- filters out the doubles
- creates a weighted combined ranking (a referer featured on 5 search engines ranks higher than a site only listed once)
- can use a date parameter (“only show posts younger than 1 month”)
- gives us some sexy graphics like Blogpulse does
- offers its results via RSS
- has a viral component, like e.g. a counter I can display on my blog – something like Feedburner’s Awareness API (which always makes me think of Jean-Claude Vandamme’s legendary “AWARE” theory)
Anyone aware of a service like this? Please leave a comment!