The first blog is written by Ingrid Coppé, the director of the short film “Another Day“. She’s currently working in New-Zealand on some movies. She has a very sharp sense of humour and doesn’t take herself too seriously. And she’s Bieke’s best friend.
Here’s a record of a conversation she had on LAX airport, when picking up a ringing payphone.
– Hi, Is Andrew there?
– Euh, I don’t think so, I don’t know, there is probably one Andrew here, but I don’t know.
– Is this 818 564 784 (ok; the number might not be the number he said,.. so sue me, what am I, Rainman???)
– Euh, I don’t know. You called a payphone in the transit area of LAX. I am waiting for my plane to New Zealand.
– Oh, New Zealand? I lived in Queenstown for a while. Have you ever been to Queenstown?
– Yes, a few weeks ago on vacation.
– Isn’t it the most amazing place? I loved it.
– Yes, it is pretty wild. Quite expensive though, but lovely, I want to go back there.
– You definitely should, I would love to go back there too.
ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WE CAN GO BACK TO THE PLANE.
– Listen, they just made an announcement. I have to go.
– Yeah, I heard.
– I hope you find Andrew.
– (laughs) Have fun in New Zealand
– I will, thanks.
And in a split second I think: Was that the man of my life that I just hung up on?
PS: the title of the post is a reference to “She good fighter” a monument of belgian lesbian fighting film history *chuckle*.