At the awesome LeWeb3 party at Paris Bodega, I took some pictures of Tom while he was dancing (not that hard, as he practically didn’t stand still the whole night). At some point he was showing off some steps with a lovely girl, I put a picture of them on Flickr and now she tagged me with a meme. Ouch!
So Andrea, (via Susan, Mary and so on), here I go: Five things you probably don’t know about me.
- When I was a toddler, I was blond; I had long curly almost white hair. I must have turned to auburn around the age of 10.
- I am often diagnosed with a light form of ADHD by people familiar with other ‘cases’. I have these hyperactive moments, even spurts of hyper-concentration, and I must say I enjoy them. I get loads of stuff done while I should be doing other stuff, i.e. I practise structured procrastination. In my line of work, I think the advantages and the drawbacks of this personality trait even out. On the other hand, you wouldn’t want me as your accountant.
- For some reason house music has the same effect on me as coffee, and I need a dose of both to get my day started. I like my coffee the Italian way, small and strong, and my house music the soulful way: deep, vocal or slightly discofied. Invariably, the kick on the 1 and 3, the claps on the 2 and 4 and hihats in beween make me feel better and put a smile on my face. One day I’m going to the Southport Weekender festival for a total house immersion therapy. Personal favourites: Frankie Knuckles, Mateo and Matos, Masters at Work, Traxsource … To see that my daughter is picking up on some of that, and that she really likes music like Jill Scott, Jamiroquai, Stevie Wonder and Amerie is a source of pride!
- While I have no problems being alone, I sometimes need to see and talk to lots of people in a short time. That’s one of the reasons why I organized Barcamp Brussels and the Bloggers meeting, and why I volunteer for events like the Bronks theatre festival and the Marollen diner. If you ever wanna see me hyperactive, catch me on one of those events. It’s like I’m on drugs, but in a good way (I think).
- A dream holiday I would want to have is the following: go to Formentera for 3 weeks and build my own bass guitar.
Why Formentera? Because it was the idyllic location for one of my favourite movies, Lucia y el sexo (Julio Medem). It’s like the silent niece of Ibiza.
Why build a bass guitar? Because it’s just thé coolest instrument that exists and actually making one out of a large piece of wood must be so rewarding.
So who will I pass this ‘Five Things’ meme to? Why, the LeWeb3 buddies, of course:
Tom “Saturday Night Fever” Raftery (UPDATE: here),
Simon “Broken Laptop Dude” McDermott,
Clo “Empress of pr0n” Willaerts (UPDATE: here),
Frederik “Mystery ex-girlfriend anecdotes” Devries (UPDATE: here),
Bart “We’re quite flexible” De Waele (UPDATE: here) and
Maarten “Dave almost kissed me” Schenk (UPDATE: here).
Slap! There you go!