Posts with category: idea
- Idea: intelligent, cloud-connected mobile device charger • 21 Nov 2018
Let me describe an idea I had for the intelligent cloud-connected mobile device charger that keeps all my mobile battery devices charged optimally.
- Branded tools as a service • 22 Sep 2017
A lot of hosting companies already offer one-click installs for WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, dotProject. These are mostly content (CMS) tools. They’re useful, but they cover only a part of what a corporate customer would want. I would love to see...
- DIY: making my bamboo USB SSD disk expansion bay • 11 Feb 2017
UPDATE Nov 2019: my idea has been validated! I just discovered a sleek aluminium version, called the LineDock! Extra (USB/HDMI/DisplayPort) ports, extra battery power and up to 1TB of SSD disk space.
- Idea: using a helpdesk app as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) • 03 Dec 2016
Update Sept 2017: FreshDesk just release a new product FreshTeam that does exactly what I specified below.
- Idea: short-term unified group messaging enterprise • 08 Jul 2016
I was driving for 6 hours the other day and my wife was asleep, so what does one do: work out the details for a new kind of hosted communication service in my head.
- Idea: Extended MRTG format • 13 Oct 2015
Every tech geek has his/her preferred tools and one of mine is without doubt Tobi Oetiker’s MRTG (Multi Router Traffic Grapher), which I’ve used to make pretty trend lines of much more than routers or traffic.
- Idea: LL and RR glasses on a 3D screen – Double Vision • 31 Dec 2012
(I had this idea in June 2011 and wrote this post in Oct 2011, but I decided to wait with publishing until my lovely colleague Sylvia could get the scoop and use it for a marketing action).
- Idea: Emoticon for innuendo: &-) • 20 Apr 2012
Do you often find yourself in a situation where you are using some kind of word play in a written (chat or text message) conversation, but feel that you need to make this second level of comprehension clear? This is...
- Idea: Experimenting with movie hashing/fingerprinting • 01 Jul 2011
MEDIA FINGERPRINTING Neal Krawetz wrote an interesting article on image fingerprinting, or how to search for images that are similar. He proposes an algorithm to do image fingerprinting and reproduce the functionality of TinEye, a service that allows to give...
- Idea: email as a platform • 08 Oct 2010
- Idea: hosted classification service • 26 May 2010
Yesterday evening I was watching “How to replace yourself with very small shell script” by Hilary Mason.
- Idea: preview service for URL shorteners • 16 Nov 2009
I was using my iPhone to read my Twitter feed (Twitterrific) and Facebook and when comparing the two, I liked one thing about Facebook that Twitter/Twitterific does not have: when some one posts a URL, you get a preview icon...
- CalendarBurner: Feedburner for iCal calendars • 28 Oct 2008
I am currently using my experience with milonga.be to build a similar site for Tango in Bulgaria. One of the major components of the site is the tango calendar. In this case I have chosen not to use a special...
- Idea: using a URI for sending email • 25 Nov 2004
In order to send an email over SMTP, you need 2 sets of information: