Posts with category: mobile
- Reset your OnePlus One to factory settings • 21 May 2015
About half a year ago I switched from an iPhone to an Android smartphone: the OnePlus One. In the beginning it was splendid and super fast and everything. But recently it has become flaky. I suspect the apps ‘Swiftkey’ and...
- Wifi in my car: proof of concept • 19 Nov 2013
Some drivers love fancy chrome wheel rims, some add a huge wing spoiler on their car, or fuzzy dice hanging from their rear-view mirror. Me, when I bought my new car, I decided that I wanted a Wifi network in...
- iOS6 losing its 3G cellular data settings – fix for Belgium • 10 Oct 2012
I upgraded my iPhone 4S to the new iOS6 the day it came out. As I expected, I had to reconfigure the cellular data settings (‘APN’). For some reason they always get lost during major OS updates. However, I have...
- Context-aware mobile devices • 14 Sep 2006
RIM, the maker of the fancy Blackberry devices, has filed a patent application for a technique that allows devices to ‘guess’ in what kind of environment they are:
- Estimating real-time traffic speed • 07 Jun 2006
— This is a post from 2006. Back then, there was no Google Maps, no Waze, no iPhone, no mobile data —
- Convergence of the iPod • 24 May 2006
Using an iPod to see how fast one is running:
- Oh Nokia, won’t you make me a nice mobile phone • 23 Jun 2004
I’ve never had a mobile phone that was not a Nokia. I started out with a 5110 back in ’98 and two 3210’s and a 6210 later, I now own a 5510, the Qwerty monster you see at the left...