Posts with category: video
- Making the Pixel Movie Quiz • 07 May 2020
Imagemagick is a command-line tool to create and modify image files. It is an essential program if you want to work with media files (just like ffmpeg and sox). I have used it very often in my career and I...
- Idea: Experimenting with movie hashing/fingerprinting • 01 Jul 2011
MEDIA FINGERPRINTING Neal Krawetz wrote an interesting article on image fingerprinting, or how to search for images that are similar. He proposes an algorithm to do image fingerprinting and reproduce the functionality of TinEye, a service that allows to give...
- Focal length for the common man: "portrait distance" • 01 Feb 2010
I remember that before I started photography on a serious level, I had some understanding of shutter speed, but none of aperture and focal length. Even when I read what they meant, I still couldn´t ‘picture’ it, had no feeling...
- My quest for “Let’s get lost” – Chet Baker by Bruce Weber • 14 Jul 2009
Let’s Get Lost (1988) is a American documentary film about the turbulent life and career of jazz trumpeter Chet Baker written and directed by Bruce Weber.
- Apple trailers: when 720p isn’t always 720p • 28 Feb 2008
One of the best places to look for high-quality movie trailers is Apple Trailers. They have lots of bandwidth and a large selection (altough they don’t have e.g. the new Indiana Jones 4 trailers, which are exclusively on Yahoo HD...
- Screenshots of a DVD with ‘ffmpeg’ • 08 Feb 2008
I’ve been playing around a lot with video conversion lately and one of the tools I use often is the Swiss armyknife for video manipulation ‘ffmpeg‘. It does format conversion (MPEG1/2/4, Quicktime, AVI …) , rescaling, recompressing, frame rate conversion...
- Buying an HD-Ready TV • 19 Nov 2007
I get the question a lot, so I thought I might write a post about it as a ready-made answer to the next few.
- id3.exe – ideal tool for tagging and renaming MP3 files • 29 Aug 2007
I want to mention a little tool that helped me out twice in the last week, and that I find very little info about online. It’s a Windows command-line MP3 file tagger and renamer called id3.exe. Since I forgot where I...
- One continuous line movie • 15 Jun 2007
This is the video to “In Context” by Field Music. It’s just a hand drawing a really long line on a white background, but it’s worth watching until the end.
- New beta YouTube layout • 14 Jun 2007
This is what a YouTube clip page looks like now:
- The Barcamp video saga: background • 12 Jun 2007
I’ve had a number of requests from attendees of the Barcamp Brussels 3 event. “The speeches were recorded on Nokia N95 phones, right? How come we haven’t seen them yet on Youtube/Google? What’s taking so long?” Well, here’s the answer....
- HD – 720p, 1080i and 1080p • 27 Sep 2006
After a conversation with Ine on HD formats (1080i vs. 1080p), I researched the topic a bit further. Let me resume some of the things I have learned up till now: