Big bazooka: XL Gaming @ Kinepolis06 Nov 2006
Thanks to the widespread digitalisation of Kinepolis cinemas, Kinepolis is developing further ‘alternative content’ in conjunction with Barco and Technicolor. In addition to digital full-length films, cinema-goers can now also experience more and more alternative content in digital format, such as prestigious events, television series, live concerts and sports competitions – and now XL Gaming, too.
Imagine you could rent a movie theatre and show whatever you want, without the necessity of 35mm film, to a public of, let’s say, 20 to 50 people. What would you project?
- movie DVD: classic movies that never get to the screen anymore, like “Spinal Tap”, “The Party”
- music DVD: stuff like “Woodstock”, “Sade – Lovers Live”
- series DVD: 3 seasons of “Friends” in a row, or series that never made it to Europe like “Curb Your Enthusiasm”
- comedy DVD: a night full of Eddy Murphy, George Burns or Da Ali-G Show
- documentary DVD: Carl Sagan or the BBC’s “A Brief History of Infinity”
- Powerpoint presentations: if they add a crane, you can even do an “Al Gore” (cf “An Inconvenient Truth”)
- software demos: e.g. Final Cut Pro, Second Life
- live Skype session: with the webcam in that little top right 10m² block
What would you want to see on a huge screen like that?