A lot of hosting companies already offer one-click installs for WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, dotProject. These are mostly content tools. They’re useful, but they cover only a part of what a corporate customer would want.
I would love to see a hosting company that does the following:
- let you register your domain name with them: mycompany.com
- first add a blog on www.mycompany.com
- now add a helpdesk application on helpdesk.mycompany.com
- now add a time tracking application on track.mycompany.com
- now add a http/tcp/app monitoring application on monitor.mycompany.com
- now add an asset management tool on assets.mycompany.com
- now add an applicant tracking system on jobs.mycompany.com
- now add a mailing list service on newsletter.mycompany.com
- now add …
It doesn’t really matter if these services are hosted on your account (e.g. with an open-source software) or are actually SaaS offers (style FreshDesk/FreshService) where the hoster takes care of the registration. But the beauty is knowing that you have easy solutions to problems that all companies have, and you have central management and invoicing.