Posts with category: security
- My disaster upgrade to LastPass Premium • 18 Mar 2021
LastPass has started pushing its free users towards a paid premium subscription. The way they do this is by only allowing the free version for 1 platform, e.g. only your laptop or only your mobile phone. This was announced by...
- How to securely manage multiple WordPress blogs • 25 Apr 2020
Let’s say you are in my case: you manage multiple WordPress blogs on multiple servers for yourself, your friends, your family, your company, your customers. How do you keep them from being hacked or infected? How do you securely manage...
- How to add Cloudflare SSL to a WordPress website • 21 Sep 2017
- Don’t trust instaunf/instaunfapp with your Instagram password • 24 May 2017
UPDATE July 2017: the suspect site I talk about here, has changed their domain name since my post about them and is now instaunfapp.com . And they have implemented https (secure connection). The fact still remains that they ask for...
- Cleaning up an infected PHP server (Mal/Badsrc-M – Troj/PHPShll-B) • 29 Oct 2012
I recently discovered that a number of sites of mine were considered unsafe by Google, Firefox, Yandex … The reason was they had detected malware being served to visitors of the site. I checked a bit further and I discovered...
- You give out your passwords every day • 14 Feb 2007
If you’re allergic to acronyms, don’t read on. I’ve reached an all-time TLA/FLA density high in the following article!
- Removal of Serflog/Sumom worm • 20 Mar 2005
My little niece had been trying for a while now to send me through MSN Messenger a picture called “How a Blonde Eats a Banana”. My reaction was, as any one’s should be: don’t know what she’s sending, nor why,...