Posts with tag: linux
- New project: bash boilerplate generator on toolstud.io • 03 Jun 2018
I like to automate. I like it so much that I will not hesitate to spend 8+ hours on writing a script that replaces 5 minutes of work every month. Most of my automation is for CLI (command line interfaces)....
- Installing NTP (time synchronisation) • 19 May 2005
Set timezone (optional)
create symbolical link from /usr/share/zoneinfo/... to /etc/localtime:
ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Brussels /etc/localtime
- Squid cachemgr.cgi UI hack • 08 Nov 2004
Squid has a little system statistics viewer built-in:
- Probe disk performance (MRTG) • 03 Nov 2004
The hdparam can be used to monitor the throughput speed of a hard disk: # <strong>hdparm -tT /dev/hda</strong> /dev/hda:<br /> Timing buffer-cache reads: 888 MB in 2.00 seconds = 444.00 MB/sec<br /> Timing buffered disk reads: 20 MB in 3.30...
- Date formatting in GAWK: boot time • 02 Nov 2004
I have one server with apparently an exceptional stability: