MR1200 MP3 Player For DJs20 Jan 2005
You don’t have to buy a couple of Technics SL-1200MK2s ($750/piece), but have a try with the neat freeware tool from MonoRAVEIK: the MR1200. A Windows program of only 152 KB(!!) that emulates a 1200 really nicely. Start up 2 of them, drop an MP3 on both, start the first and then try to beatsync the second while the first is playing (even more realistic: play the first song at 110dB and use headphones on one ear to monitor and beatsync the second song). The Nudge/Twist system is not a sensitive as your fingers holding back or speeding up the vinyl, but it will give you a pretty good idea. Give it a spin!
- Platter behaves exactly like a real record deck – grab it and it stops, pull it backwards and it plays backwards.
- Platter can also emulate the jog wheel on a CD deck.
- Vinyl groove simulation for a “picture” of the track – spot those quiet bits!
- Choice of +8 or +20 pitch control, with separate fine tuning.
- Nudging and twisting emulation.
- Real instant start.
- Cue points.
- Reverse play.
- Pitch control inversion.
- Quartz lock.
- BPM counter (manual)