What women want09 Feb 2005
Things you learn in bars: the list of things girls look for in a guy (or, in this case, as cited by Nathalie and An).
I use the following scale: 1 = nice to have … 3 = definite bonus … 5 = really important, and 6 = conditio sine qua non (if you don’t qualify, forget it). I averaged the weights of both authors. In all cases, the desired answer is ‘yes’.
- 6: is he free (not married, no girlfriend)?
- 6: is he over his previous relationship?
- 5: do you feel like you could grow old together and still have stuff to tell each other?
- 5: does he enjoy sex (or as one of the authors phrased it: can he get it up)?
- 4: does he have a job that interest/challenges/thrill him?
- 4: is he pleasant company in the morning (kind of objective: he should talk little/not be too depressed/not be too jolly/not be horny)?
- 3: if he has kids, does he have an easy/trouble-free settlement?
- 3: is he not a colleague (terribly annoying once the affair is over, it appears)?
- 3: is he clean (like: take a shower at least once a day, change underwear regularly)?
- 2: does he like (to provide) surprises?
- 1: can he cook?
Which is fairly optimistic compared to What Women Want at ages 22, 32, 42, 52, 62 and 72
What Women Want in a Man, Revised List (age 52)
- Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
- Doesn’t belch or scratch in public
- Doesn’t borrow money too often
- Doesn’t nod off to sleep when I’m venting
- Doesn’t re-tell the same joke too many times
- Is in good enough shape to get off couch on weekends
- Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear
- Appreciates a good TV dinner
- Remembers your name on occasion
- Shaves some weekends