Things you learn in bars: the list of things girls look for in a guy (or, in this case, as cited by Nathalie and An).
I use the following scale: 1 = nice to have … 3 = definite bonus … 5 = really important, and 6 = conditio sine qua non (if you don’t qualify, forget it). I averaged the weights of both authors. In all cases, the desired answer is ‘yes’.
- 6: is he free (not married, no girlfriend)?
- 6: is he over his previous relationship?
- 5: do you feel like you could grow old together and still have stuff to tell each other?
- 5: does he enjoy sex (or as one of the authors phrased it: can he get it up)?
- 4: does he have a job that interest/challenges/thrill him?
- 4: is he pleasant company in the morning (kind of objective: he should talk little/not be too depressed/not be too jolly/not be horny)?
- 3: if he has kids, does he have an easy/trouble-free settlement?
- 3: is he not a colleague (terribly annoying once the affair is over, it appears)?
- 3: is he clean (like: take a shower at least once a day, change underwear regularly)?
- 2: does he like (to provide) surprises?
- 1: can he cook?
Which is fairly optimistic compared to What Women Want at ages 22, 32, 42, 52, 62 and 72
What Women Want in a Man, Revised List (age 52)
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
2. Doesn’t belch or scratch in public
3. Doesn’t borrow money too often
4. Doesn’t nod off to sleep when I’m venting
5. Doesn’t re-tell the same joke too many times
6. Is in good enough shape to get off couch on weekends
7. Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear
8. Appreciates a good TV dinner
9. Remembers your name on occasion
10. Shaves some weekends