So there it is: after some feedback on my Barcamp announcement post, we fixed the date and location for Barcamp Brussels!
- Saturday May 20th 2006 (breakfast at 9am, presentations start at 10h and end around 18h)
- International Presscenter (Résidence Palace)
(although: dress code casual – no suits 😉 )
- All presentations can be put on the presentation board upon arrival. There will be 3 to 4 presentation rooms for simultaneous topics.
- there will be free Wifi, food, drinks and lots of hi-tech around.
One remark: although this might seem to be a geek-event par excellence, this is not for-geeks-only. There will be technical presentations, granted, but we also expect interesting talks about social, psychological and esthetic topics. You do not need programming skills or an engineering degree, just a vivid interest in modern society. You’re interested in the etymology of smilies, the effect of gaming on ADHD, the psychological implications of serif and sans-serif fonts? There’s a topic for your presentation!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- All attendees must give a demo, a session, or help out in some way.
- Add your name to the list on barcamp.org/BarCampBrusselsForTheImpatient
- you can add the following badge to your blog/site/emails:
everyone is invited to participate and the more the merrier.
- subscribe to the Barcamp Brussels Yahoo group to keep posted on developments and connect with other Barcampers (to prepare a joint presentation/demo or to arrange for car pooling)
Everyone who wants to help out for the practical organisation (mostly the week before) can drop me a line or tell me through the Yahoo group. I already want to thank Bart for helping us out with the venue and hope we can welcome a whole bunch of you on May 20th!