For some reason this “web” conference has been transformed into a political rally.
- First, this morning Shimon Peres shows up to talk about world peace.
- This afternoon, out of the blue, we’re supposed to welcome Nicholas Sarkozy (UMP).
- And equally unexpected we just had a political statement by his political counterpart François Bayrou (UDF)
This bothers me a lot:
- Loic Lemeur might have political ambitions, right in time for the French Presidential race, but that does not mean he has to turn a conference about technology and social software into a political forum
- I have tremendous respect for Mr. Peres, but this is not the time nor place to have this kind of presentation.
- I did not pay over €600 (fee/hotel/travel) to come and listen to self-involved French politicians talk about why they want to run for president
- The whole conference scheme has been changed and compressed for allowing hours of (for most of us) irrelevant monologue
- Loic was proud that 55% of attendees were not French, but then he gives the stage to French candidates speaking French