Barcamp Brussels: one month to go06 Apr 2007
In about 30 days, a bunch of Internet entrepreneurs, enthusiasts and geeks will gather at the Halles des Tanneurs in Brussels to share experiences and learn from each other: Barcamp Brussels. This is the 3rd edition of this ‘unconference’ that has proven to be a great place to meet new people and ideas.
Attendees = participants
So what is this ‘unconferencing’ thing about?
A BarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. (barcamp.org)
Attendees must give a demo, a session, or help with one, or otherwise volunteer / contribute in some way to support the event. All presentations are scheduled the day they happen. Prepare in advance, but come early to get a slot on the wall. The people present at the event will select the demos or presentations they want to see. Presenters are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of their presentations are published on the web for the benefit of all and those who can’t be present.
So even if you do not do a presentation, you can still help out. What I am already looking for at this moment is:
- 1 person to organize the recording of all sessions: he/she will have to make sure there are enough cameras, that there is someone at each presentation to videotape it, and will also make sure all recordings are published on a videohosting site like Youtube.
- 3-5 persons who will do the actual recording, with their own camera or one that we could borrow. Since there will be three simultaneous tracks, 3 is the minimum, but for security, five would be better.
- 2 extra projectors (we already have 1)
What can you talk about?
Well, it the broad sense: Internet, technology and its impact on our lives. That can include topics like: blogging(](http://barcamp.forret.com/blog/2006/10/02/flemish-blog-services/)), SEO ([), marketing (](http://barcamp.forret.com/blog/2006/09/25/what-marketeers-could-learn/)), Photoshop ([), hosting (](http://barcamp.forret.com/blog/2006/06/01/frank-lauwers-hosting-web-20-passage-15h/)), mobile ([), virtual reality (](http://barcamp.forret.com/blog/2006/06/01/workspaces-unlimited-polak-16h30/)), webdesign ([) … It does not have to be Internet based: e.g. I am planning a presentation on musical mashups.
If you want to attend:
- add your name and topic to the Barcamp Wiki (now almost 50 attendees!)
- put it in your agenda: Saturday May 5th!!
- start preparing your 25 minute speech/demo/discussion
- show up at 9h for coffee and cookies and start to mingle!