Posts with category: apple
- Running a CPU benchmark on Apple Silicon M1 (bash) • 13 Jan 2021
When I started working with my Mac Mini M1, I felt it was faster, but I couldn’t really compare with a proper benchmark. I work a lot with video so I created an Apple (M1 and older) benchmark that is...
- Fix for error -15000 Remote speakers on iTunes / Windows 7 • 22 Oct 2010
So, just to be clear: this is not about iTunes on MacOSX, it’s only about iTunes 10 on Windows 7. It might work on Windows Vista, but I have no PC with Vista to test. It might help on versions...
- iPhone bandwidth: orders of magnitude – 2009 • 17 Nov 2009
I did a bandwidth test the other day with the iPhone SpeedTest tool. I wanted to compare the speed using (standard) GPRS, using 3G and my own Wifi. The results were all a power of ten apart:
- Imagine: a virtual iPhone for everyone • 20 Aug 2009
I was downloading a free iPhone app at noon, and I thought: some of these applications have no good alternative in the browser world. Imagine everyone could start using/buying the Apple iPhone/iPod Touch applications right in their browser. You give...
- My quest for “Let’s get lost” – Chet Baker by Bruce Weber • 14 Jul 2009
Let’s Get Lost (1988) is a American documentary film about the turbulent life and career of jazz trumpeter Chet Baker written and directed by Bruce Weber.
- Create your own iPhone ring tones • 13 Feb 2009
I’ve had my iPhone for a week (loving it!) and of course I want to make custom ring tones for some of my contacts. I figured out how it worked from posts like create-free-iphone-ringtones-using-itunes-in-windows but I developed my own workflow:...
- Touched by the iPod • 26 Sep 2008
As most geeks in my circle of friends, I am known to buy hardware slightly more often than the average Joe. I have 3 Wifi routers at home (just gave away my 4th one), I have more than 2TB of...
- my iPod Nano cannot be unlocked • 17 Apr 2008
- Apple trailers: when 720p isn’t always 720p • 28 Feb 2008
One of the best places to look for high-quality movie trailers is Apple Trailers. They have lots of bandwidth and a large selection (altough they don’t have e.g. the new Indiana Jones 4 trailers, which are exclusively on Yahoo HD...
- Pimp your laptop: Apple vs Dell • 20 Jun 2007
Imagine you can walk up to your favourite hardware store and tell the guy: “Give me the biggest, fastest, meanest laptop you have. Money is no issue”.
- iPod in 2009: more storage or bandwidth? • 15 Aug 2006
I had an interesting discussion some days ago: will the iPods move to more storage (e.g. the Terabyte iPod) or more bandwidth (Bluetooth, EDGE, Wifi). Let me sketch what those two scenarios for the future iPod look like:
- Invent, don’t inhibit • 26 May 2006
- Who makes a pretty PC? • 30 Jan 2006
I have to buy a new PC for my parents. I want to reuse an existing 19″ screen, so I am only looking for a desktop. My dad has been using a PC for a couple of years and don’t...
- My iPod is a girl • 17 Jan 2006
the first time I saw her, I thought she looked absolutely stunning and I wanted to have her there are others that are thinner, bigger or last longer, but I don’t want any other I did not have to read...
- Apple creates RSS the Microsoft way • 15 Jan 2006
When Apple reinvented the photofeed, they actually were a bit sloppy. Instead of building upon standard RSS and the Media RSS extensions backed by Yahoo!, Feedburner et al., they decided to do what Microsoft has always been accused of: they...
- Apple reinvents photocasting in iLife ’06 • 10 Jan 2006
“Eigen lof stinkt” as they say in Dutch, but who told you back in August of 2005 that RSS + images made sense (‘Photofeed: image podcasting’)?
- Filling a terabyte iPod • 23 Nov 2005
- “Lost” in iTunes: good and bad news • 13 Oct 2005
There’s good news and bad news. First the good: Steve Jobs just issued a wake-up call to the movie industry. He already has shown everyone how to sell music (fixed price, basic DRM, no limits on burning) and hopes to...
- IT Conversations: podcasting feeds your brain • 08 Nov 2004
There’s only one way to check if podcasting can change your life, and that is by diving completely into it. Since last week, I am the proud owner of a 20GB iPod, (the first Apple product I have ever bought)...
- Delicious Library: no, we don’t like Microsoft • 27 Oct 2004
Delicious Library asks everyone to blog about them, but they are slightly more picky in who can actually access their site: they are unreachable for the tiny minority amongst us running Internet Explorer on Windows.