Posts with category: copyright
- Google and Perfect10: DMCA at its best • 24 Jun 2006
While searching for something really innocent on Google (honestly!), I got the following warning:
- Google files patents for contextual wifi advertising • 28 Mar 2006
Google has filed and published the following patent applications:
- The RIAA shoots itself in the foot again • 16 Feb 2006
Image by FactoryJoe
- Thought DMCA was bad? Here’s DTCS! • 27 Dec 2005
While people were buying Christmas trees and turkeys, the U.S. House of Representatives, and specifically Jim Sensenbrenner (Republican) and John Conyers (Democrat), have prepared a very nice gift to the MPAA:
- The MPA and other people’s money • 14 Dec 2005
Like the RIAA, the MPA has the logical reaction to disruptive forces: send out the lawyers.
- Consumers digital rights • 14 Nov 2005
The BEUC (“Bureau Européen des Unions de consommateurs” or European Consumers Organisation) has set up a web site to inform consumers on which rights they still DO have on their digital content:
- Adam Curry goes 100% podsafe • 10 Nov 2005
Adam Curry, godfather of podcasting, has had an epiphany:
- How not to do copy-protection: Sony Music • 04 Nov 2005
Error #1: take a really broad definition of “backwards compatible”
- European Patent Law Rejected • 07 Jul 2005
I was first made aware of the ‘software patent’ issue when Tobias Oetiker changed the front page of his MRTG site to protest against it. It now seems the European Parliament did the wise thing and kept its hands of...
- Chinese music business model: copyrightless • 08 May 2005
China seems be showing that in a world where no one wants to pay more than $4 for a CD and most CDs are pirated, the artists can still survive.
- Doctorow: DRM is evil • 25 Jun 2004
Some stuff you just know without being able to express it adequately. I hate badly designed copy-protection schemes, but I couldn’t find the right arguments to make my case without being ‘against’ artist. And then someone better informed comes along...
- Portable audio & copy protection • 28 Apr 2004
Dear Record Company,