Posts with tag: video
- Creating image reveal videos with ffmpeg and primitive (bash) • 21 Jan 2021
One of the projects I started during the lockdown is @squaredforwork which is now named “Guess the movie?” . It is based on years of experimenting with image manipulation and information reduction. Basically: how much visual information do you need...
- Convert Black/White footage to thermographic-like video • 11 Nov 2013
I am doing some really cool research lately concerning video conversion and one of the issues I ran into, concerns infrared imaging. In short: all the ‘cool’ thermographic (colour is dependent on radiated temperature) images are in color, and the...
- Idea: Experimenting with movie hashing/fingerprinting • 01 Jul 2011
MEDIA FINGERPRINTING Neal Krawetz wrote an interesting article on image fingerprinting, or how to search for images that are similar. He proposes an algorithm to do image fingerprinting and reproduce the functionality of TinEye, a service that allows to give...
- My quest for “Let’s get lost” – Chet Baker by Bruce Weber • 14 Jul 2009
Let’s Get Lost (1988) is a American documentary film about the turbulent life and career of jazz trumpeter Chet Baker written and directed by Bruce Weber.
- Don’t send me a video, send me a link • 29 Jan 2009
- Screenshots of a DVD with ‘ffmpeg’ • 08 Feb 2008
I’ve been playing around a lot with video conversion lately and one of the tools I use often is the Swiss armyknife for video manipulation ‘ffmpeg‘. It does format conversion (MPEG1/2/4, Quicktime, AVI …) , rescaling, recompressing, frame rate conversion...
- One continuous line movie • 15 Jun 2007
This is the video to “In Context” by Field Music. It’s just a hand drawing a really long line on a white background, but it’s worth watching until the end.