Posts with tag: ai
- Best way to upscale low resolution photos • 04 Jul 2020
I’ve been doing some remote shoots recently, as the photographer obviously, and I’ve mainly used FaceTime ‘Live photos’ for captures. The result of such a shoot is a series of .HEIC files (it’s an Apple thing). Each file is a...
- Idea: short-term unified group messaging enterprise • 08 Jul 2016
I was driving for 6 hours the other day and my wife was asleep, so what does one do: work out the details for a new kind of hosted communication service in my head.
- Shooting portraits of strangers • 13 Jan 2011
This was quite a discovery: Danny Santos has been shooting portraits of complete strangers on Orchard Road, Singapore. The story was featured on JPG Magazine with some beautiful examples and that post pointed to his Facebook album, which pointed to...
- Fix for error -15000 Remote speakers on iTunes / Windows 7 • 22 Oct 2010
So, just to be clear: this is not about iTunes on MacOSX, it’s only about iTunes 10 on Windows 7. It might work on Windows Vista, but I have no PC with Vista to test. It might help on versions...
- Idea: email as a platform • 08 Oct 2010
- DROA: the saga continues • 22 Sep 2010
This post is about my dealing with the company DROA / Domain Registry of America. I first wrote about them in Dec 2004: “Domain Registry of America scam“: they had sent me letters to urgently advise me to renew my...
- Focal length for the common man: “portrait distance” • 01 Feb 2010
I remember that before I started photography on a serious level, I had some understanding of shutter speed, but none of aperture and focal length. Even when I read what they meant, I still couldn’t ‘picture’ it, had no feeling for...
- Facebook tricked me into my own spam FAIL • 09 Aug 2009
- Don’t send me a video, send me a link • 29 Jan 2009
- Apple trailers: when 720p isn’t always 720p • 28 Feb 2008
One of the best places to look for high-quality movie trailers is Apple Trailers. They have lots of bandwidth and a large selection (altough they don’t have e.g. the new Indiana Jones 4 trailers, which are exclusively on Yahoo HD...
- Govern yourselves accordingly • 16 Mar 2007
I just received the following email:
- Netgear SC101: crappy storage • 10 Jul 2006
UPDATE: also read my post about testing the Netgear ReadyNAS (it doesn’t suck)
- Automated initial image tagging: Ojos Inc • 27 Aug 2005
What meta-data do we have for the average digital picture we take:
- “Domain Registry of America” scam • 10 Dec 2004
UPDATE: I received a cease-or-desist from DRoA in March 2006 about this post.
- Idea: using a URI for sending email • 25 Nov 2004
In order to send an email over SMTP, you need 2 sets of information: