Posts with category: advertising
- Is Backify (512GB backup for free) also for real? • 14 Oct 2011
UPDATE 16 Nov 2011:
Message from Backify:
- Twitter spammers: Clickbank/Keynetics affiliates • 14 Jul 2008
I’ve been experimenting with Twitter a couple of times, and one of the results, the FM Brussel Live playlist twitter bot, seems to be rather popular. I get a couple of subscriptions per day. But recently they’re almost all of the...
- Procreate to win a car • 04 Jun 2008
I’m getting old, I guess. This ad campaign annoys me. For those who don’t understand Dutch: if you take a Dodge Journey for a test-drive on the Father’s Day weekend, and make a baby on the back seat, then you...
- TVH likes women • 13 May 2008
I was born near Roeselare, in West-Vlaanderen, and every now and then I go back to my roots. I drive over Gent and Kortrijk and on the way I’m always curious to see what kind of advertising the guys from...
- Fight for kisses • 14 Sep 2007
Fight for Kisses
- The Good Wife’s Guide • 05 Jul 2007
This is how women were advised to behave as a perfect spouse in 1955.
- Equal Pay Day • 30 Mar 2007
That time of the month …
- Adultery and secure documents • 16 Feb 2007
I get an email from CertiPost, a daughter company of the Belgacom/Belgian Post, that bears the title “You had an unwanted visitor last night“. When one clicks on the link, one has to give the name of one’s partner, best...
- There are no Flash websites • 13 Dec 2006
Never say “we have a Flash website”; there is no such thing. You might say: we have a website and it features, amongst a lot of relevant information in HTML pages, a Flash movie and/or application. You might say: we...
- Digital cinema advertising and me • 05 Dec 2006
Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, might have seen some posts on “digital cinema“. I have been researching the topic for more than a year now. And for a reason, of course: it seemed...
- Adsense: The long tail of spare change • 26 Apr 2006
- Adsense also looks at search terms • 06 Apr 2006
I had been wondering just how much information Google Adsense uses to select the right contextual ads. Specifically, do they use the referring page also. I just got part of the answer:
- Google moving into Interactive TV • 30 Mar 2006
Google is looking for a “Product Manager – Interactive TV”:
- Google files patents for contextual wifi advertising • 28 Mar 2006
Google has filed and published the following patent applications:
- Barcamp Brussels: May 2006 • 19 Mar 2006
Last year we organised a fairly successfull blogger’s dinner in Brussels, and now we’re gonna try something different:
next May we will have a Barcamp Brussels event.
- Edgeio: edge aggregator • 27 Feb 2006
Michael Arrington has just launched his new baby: Edgeio, a classifieds aggregator. Edgeio will spider and index anyone’s feed and aggregate the posts tagged with “listing”. It then clusters the other tags in order to attach the post to the...
- Adsense in all media: TV, cinema, sport, traffic • 02 Nov 2005
The other day I was talking with Francois on Google’s tests with providing ads in printed media, i.e. buying up ad space up front and deciding just before the actual printing what ads should go on which page. Adsense for...