Posts with category: wordpress
- How to securely manage multiple WordPress blogs • 25 Apr 2020
Let’s say you are in my case: you manage multiple WordPress blogs on multiple servers for yourself, your friends, your family, your company, your customers. How do you keep them from being hacked or infected? How do you securely manage...
- GDPR Plugins for WordPress • 12 Mar 2018
Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) jumps into action on 25 May 2018. This has a lot of implications for every company in Europe, but also worldwide. And what does it mean for us, owners of a WordPress blog?
- How to add Cloudflare SSL to a WordPress website • 21 Sep 2017
- DrupalPress, Matt vs Dries • 24 Apr 2008
On my left side: Matt Mullenweg:
- The sneaky shall inherit the earth • 06 Sep 2007
- K2 Sidebar modules vs. widgets • 13 Aug 2007
I upgraded to the latest version of WordPress recently, and in the process my K2 Sidebar modules were deleted because now WordPress has ‘widgets’ built in. Having used both systems for a while, I can only conclude: it’s a big...
- Test your karma early in the morning • 26 Jul 2007
The “WordPress Automatic Upgrade plugin”“: if it works flawlessly (like when I used it on video.forret.com), an amazing tool! It upgrades your WordPress installation to the latest version, while taking a backup of files and database, and disables your plugins...
- url.rewrite for WordPress on Lighttpd • 15 Mar 2007
This blog now runs on a Lighttpd (Lighty) webserver instead of Apache, and this means the configuration for ‘pretty URLs’ or permalinks of WordPress doesn’t work like it used to. (As you might have noticed, I use permalinks like /2007/02/this-is-permalink/)...
- Dream turned to nightmare • 14 Mar 2007
You might have noticed the last couple of days that my blog (and some other of the dozen sites I run) was not always available. You might have experienced time-outs and Error 500 messages. I apologize for that. Let me...
- Create your own WordPress plugin • 09 Jan 2007
Wordpress has a really nifty system for adding functionality: the WP plugins. There are a ton of them around, but if you have some knowledge of SQL and PHP you can make your own plugins! You of course have to...
- WP-Cache speeds up your WordPress! • 20 Sep 2006
Ever wondered if you needed a caching plugin for your WordPress blog? You have the impression your blog’s homepage takes forever to load? You hate it when your friends call your blog ‘interesting, but so slow’?
- Fancy WordPress themes on Dreamhost • 15 Sep 2006
- Blogger snafu: emergency migration to WordPress • 09 Mar 2006
One of the reasons why I have been posting less the last couple of days, is because I was working on a migration from Blogger to WordPress. I was still working out some DNS stuff (don’t let me get into...
- Migrating from Blogger to WordPress 2.0 • 26 Feb 2006
Ever since I saw the new ‘import from Blogger’ functionality in WordPress 2.0, I’ve known I would eventually migrate my main blog. Blogger is a great way to start blogging , but I want categories, easy template updating (without republish)...