Posts with tag: cinema
- Idea: LL and RR glasses on a 3D screen – Double Vision • 31 Dec 2012
(I had this idea in June 2011 and wrote this post in Oct 2011, but I decided to wait with publishing until my lovely colleague Sylvia could get the scoop and use it for a marketing action).
- Apple trailers: when 720p isn’t always 720p • 28 Feb 2008
One of the best places to look for high-quality movie trailers is Apple Trailers. They have lots of bandwidth and a large selection (altough they don’t have e.g. the new Indiana Jones 4 trailers, which are exclusively on Yahoo HD...
- Cloverfield • 17 Dec 2007
Cloverfield (released in Feb 2008)
- Buying an HD-Ready TV • 19 Nov 2007
I get the question a lot, so I thought I might write a post about it as a ready-made answer to the next few.
- One continuous line movie • 15 Jun 2007
This is the video to “In Context” by Field Music. It’s just a hand drawing a really long line on a white background, but it’s worth watching until the end.
- Digital cinema advertising and me • 05 Dec 2006
Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, might have seen some posts on “digital cinema“. I have been researching the topic for more than a year now. And for a reason, of course: it seemed...
- Big bazooka: XL Gaming @ Kinepolis • 06 Nov 2006
That 24″ screen not big enough for you? Now you can a rent a movie theatre for a half hour to play Playstation games on the big screen in Kinepolis Brugge.
- Mission Impossible III: largest digital release ever • 11 May 2006
Add one more superlative to Paramount’s “Mission: Impossible: III”: it is the largest digital release ever, playing on more than 170 digital cinema screens throughout North America. And all digital preparation and distribution to those screens was handled by Kodak...
- Digital cinema: movie distribution • 04 Mar 2006
I wrote about digital cinema earlier. I want to focus now on the distribution of movies to theatres.
- Thought DMCA was bad? Here’s DTCS! • 27 Dec 2005
While people were buying Christmas trees and turkeys, the U.S. House of Representatives, and specifically Jim Sensenbrenner (Republican) and John Conyers (Democrat), have prepared a very nice gift to the MPAA:
- Digital filmmaking: cheaper movies • 04 Aug 2005
- Digital cinema: one step closer • 31 Jul 2005
Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC (DCI) – founded in March 2002, as a joint venture of Disney, Fox, MGM, Paramount, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal and Warner Bros. Studios – just released its “FINAL OVERALL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR DIGITAL CINEMA”:...
- Soy un sucker por todas las cosas latinas • 21 Nov 2004
¡Hola! Just spent a week in Salamanca, Spain, para aprender a hablar español. I attended a curso superintensivo at Don Quijote, and did pick up some basic conversation skills after just a week, mostly thanks to the excellent teachers: Virginia,...