Posts with tag: digital
- The early days of (e)book piracy • 28 Aug 2008
I was thinking about this the other day. Piracy is really big for CDs and DVDs. One of the main reasons is that both media are so easy to digitize. Pop in a CD and in 6 minutes you have...
- WD My Book is not really ‘Pro’ storage • 07 Jan 2008
After having Lacie, Maxtor, Iomega and most recently Netgear StorageCentral external storage fail on me, I am now the proud owner of a broken Western Digital My Book Pro II 1TB. I bought it less than a year ago and used...
- Digital cinema advertising and me • 05 Dec 2006
Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, might have seen some posts on “digital cinema“. I have been researching the topic for more than a year now. And for a reason, of course: it seemed...
- Big bazooka: XL Gaming @ Kinepolis • 06 Nov 2006
That 24″ screen not big enough for you? Now you can a rent a movie theatre for a half hour to play Playstation games on the big screen in Kinepolis Brugge.
- Mission Impossible III: largest digital release ever • 11 May 2006
Add one more superlative to Paramount’s “Mission: Impossible: III”: it is the largest digital release ever, playing on more than 170 digital cinema screens throughout North America. And all digital preparation and distribution to those screens was handled by Kodak...
- Digital cinema: movie distribution • 04 Mar 2006
I wrote about digital cinema earlier. I want to focus now on the distribution of movies to theatres.
- Digital filmmaking: cheaper movies • 04 Aug 2005
- Digital cinema: one step closer • 31 Jul 2005
Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC (DCI) – founded in March 2002, as a joint venture of Disney, Fox, MGM, Paramount, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal and Warner Bros. Studios – just released its “FINAL OVERALL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR DIGITAL CINEMA”:...