Posts with category: society
- Pecha Kucha Brussels • 25 Jan 2008
- World clock (Poodwaddle) • 05 Nov 2007
One person dying per second, two being born. Not sure all the stats are accurate, but a fascinating view on the world’s day-to-day evolution.
- If Kate Moss and Inspector Morse had a baby • 04 Sep 2007
- my PersonalDNA • 07 Aug 2007
If you want to hear a lot of compliments about yourself that sound more-or-less correct, take the PersonalDNA test.
- The Good Wife’s Guide • 05 Jul 2007
This is how women were advised to behave as a perfect spouse in 1955.
- WTF: face rip-off • 20 May 2007
First I thought it was just another spam email, but it wasn’t. One of my Chinese subscribers sent me an message to warn me that some guy from Antwerp is using my picture on his profile for AsianEuro, a site...
- More globalisation, please • 12 Sep 2006
A while back I bought the whole suite of Edward Tufte books: “The visual display of quantitative data“, “Envisioning Information” and “Visual Explanations“.
- Virgo • 24 Jul 2006
- Melancholic • 23 Jul 2006
- Homage to beer • 21 Jul 2006
- Brain gender • 20 Jul 2006
- The Five Factor Personality Profile • 19 Jul 2006
- More fun with Myers-Briggs • 15 Jun 2006
I’ve been reading quitea lot on Myers-Briggs for my previous post “Myers-Briggs typology“, and some of it is too good not to post it here, so here is my second MBTI post! I’ve also made an new MBTI web tool...
- Myers-Briggs typology: I’m an ENFP • 14 Jun 2006
- Please make this pay • 13 Jun 2006
One of the memes going round for the moment is a guy whose girlfriend will let him live his dream (a threesome) if his website pleasemakethiswork.com receives 5.000.000 hits by the end of this year. It’s a bit like the...
- Play us a slow song • 03 May 2006
I remember when I started DJ’ing and going to parties (that would be the previous century, yes) that we used to have this whole ‘slow-dancing’ routine. Every couple of hours the DJ would play ‘La Bamba‘, sweaty teenagers would check...
- IVI: Internet voor Iedereen • 12 Apr 2006
If your (Belgian) parents or grand-parents want to buy a cheap PC to get started on the Web, tell them to hold back for a couple more days. The Federal Government – through FEDICT – has set up a program...
- Together facing the new totalitarianism • 01 Mar 2006
A number of influential international writers, journalists and intellectuals have just released a manifesto: “Together facing the new totalitarianism”, stating that we need to protect the universal rights (freedom of expression, equality of man and woman, …) from attacks by...
- Professional Communicator • 29 Nov 2005
Just received a sweet little email from self-proclaimed “professional communicator” Jody Robb, about a free RGB-2-CMYK converter tool of mine:
- Instant Ken and Barbie: Melanotan to the rescue • 24 Apr 2005
- LovePangs – Pain-Rage-Resent-Over • 13 Feb 2005
Anyone knows what a “Love Pain Congress” is? Neither did I, so I yesterday I went to LovePangs in Ghent.
- What women want • 09 Feb 2005
Things you learn in bars: the list of things girls look for in a guy (or, in this case, as cited by Nathalie and An). I use the following scale: 1 = nice to have … 3 = definite bonus...
- The end of the world: french armpits • 17 Sep 2004
Some Californian guy with a funny accent made an amusing Flash movie on The end of the world, which has been circulating since 2003. No one seems to know who the author was. The movie has its own site www.endofworld.net,...
- Swastikas drawn on woman in Paris attack • 12 Jul 2004
Update Aug 2004: the whole story seems to have been made up by the girl. I’ve deleted my initial reaction, that was honest, but now quite irrelevant.