Posts with category: tool
- A handy tool to look up Emojis • 03 Nov 2019
I recently took the habit of using more Emoji characters in blog posts and titles, because why not 🤷♀️. In order to look up the most appropriate Emoji, I was always checking out the official Unicode Emoji list. Unfortunately, that list...
- Stuff to install on a new Windows PC • 17 Sep 2008
That is, the stuff I install on a new Windows PC. Since I need this list several times a year, why not make a blog post of it. As you will see,I have a more than average interest in video...
- Lightbox for photo feeds • 03 Jun 2008
- How much fuel do you pay? • 27 Dec 2007
My friend Henry asked me to calculate on a napkin how much I spent on fuel per month. I have a greedy car, but I live close to the office. Still I was quite surprised by the number I got....
- id3.exe – ideal tool for tagging and renaming MP3 files • 29 Aug 2007
I want to mention a little tool that helped me out twice in the last week, and that I find very little info about online. It’s a Windows command-line MP3 file tagger and renamer called id3.exe. Since I forgot where I...
- MRTG data in XML format • 15 Jan 2007
Get ready for a lot of acronyms in this post: “How to create a good XML-based API for MRTG sensor data”.
- Easy web page mockup tool • 06 Sep 2006
I’ve just finished a tool to make web page mockups. The purpose: make a quick draft of what a web page should look like, so you can include a screen shot in an email or a specifications document. When a...
- Myers-Briggs typology: I’m an ENFP • 14 Jun 2006
- SUDOKU Solver tool • 07 Jun 2005
I have just created a tool to help solve the Sudoku puzzles: the forret.com Sudoku Helper. I’ve added it to my Forret tools directory.
- Binary confusion: kilobytes and kibibytes • 04 Feb 2005
When I created my Bandwidth Calculator, easily the most popular web tool I ever made, I came across the following problem: in computer technology there is a habit of using kilobyte (kB) as 1024 bytes (as KB), megabyte (MB) as...
- Caffeine and error messages • 26 Jan 2005
made with Atom Smasher’s Error Message Generator
- My online charmap of HTML character entities • 24 Aug 2004
Geeky as hell, but I need it quite often, and what better place to put it but here: the list of 250+ HTML character entities. Handy if you would want to write σ = ¾ • ∑ ƒ(χ²) – or...
- Port redirection in Windows • 01 Jun 2004
We use port redirection/proxy often on our platforms. In the production setup, separate (Linux-based) servers take care of this, but for our development and testing environment, we need port redirection for Windows system. I generally use 2 command-line packages:
- Organizing my CD collection • 24 May 2004
I don’t know if it’s because I’m a Virgo or because it’s Spring, but this weekend I felt the irresistible urge to empty my CD racks and re-organize my CDs. I have about 400 CDs, and I have a tendency...