Posts with tag: image
- Splashmark: easy Unsplash image markup on the command line (bash) • 07 Oct 2020
See this photo below? It was created with one, albeit rather long, command line:
- QR Experiments: QR-ized photos • 27 May 2020
This is my 2nd QR Experiments post, also check the first one on QR Roulette!
- QR Experiments: QRoulette • 25 May 2020
I started to do some QR code experiments recently and this is the first result of this: my animated QR code, ‘QR Roulette‘ or QRoulette.
- Making the Pixel Movie Quiz • 07 May 2020
Imagemagick is a command-line tool to create and modify image files. It is an essential program if you want to work with media files (just like ffmpeg and sox). I have used it very often in my career and I...
- When the API returns an image • 15 Jan 2020
I see more and more Image-Response GET APIs. With this term I mean: the API is called with a GET URL, and the response is a (JPG/PNG/GIF/WEBP/SVG) image, either directly or after a redirect. So the API can be used...
- A JPEG picture doesn’t care about no DPI • 21 Apr 2008
Every now and then I get a request to use pictures of mine for a poster, a flyer, a book. People usually find the pictures they want in my Flickr sets, where they are available in a max resolution of...
- Screenshots of a DVD with ‘ffmpeg’ • 08 Feb 2008
I’ve been playing around a lot with video conversion lately and one of the tools I use often is the Swiss armyknife for video manipulation ‘ffmpeg‘. It does format conversion (MPEG1/2/4, Quicktime, AVI …) , rescaling, recompressing, frame rate conversion...
- What is HD-JPEG? • 08 Oct 2007
While reading the specs of the PackardBell Store & Play, I fall upon “Foto formaten: JPEG, HD JPEG” As I am working with several aspects of HD (High Definition) video all the time, I am of course intrigued. There is...