Posts with tag: web
- Web services in the console (bash) • 06 Jun 2020
I spend a lot of my day in a terminal window, and I love automating stuff with bash scripts. Sometimes those scripts need to do perform actions based on external conditions: location (country), weather, bandwidth speed …
- Easy site deployment on Gandi with git and gdeploy (bash) • 06 Apr 2020
(Use this link to get 6 months of free hosting on Gandi!).
- When the API returns an image • 15 Jan 2020
I see more and more Image-Response GET APIs. With this term I mean: the API is called with a GET URL, and the response is a (JPG/PNG/GIF/WEBP/SVG) image, either directly or after a redirect. So the API can be used...
- A handy tool to look up Emojis • 03 Nov 2019
I recently took the habit of using more Emoji characters in blog posts and titles, because why not 🤷♀️. In order to look up the most appropriate Emoji, I was always checking out the official Unicode Emoji list. Unfortunately, that list...
- How to add Cloudflare SSL to a WordPress website • 21 Sep 2017
- Idea: short-term unified group messaging enterprise • 08 Jul 2016
I was driving for 6 hours the other day and my wife was asleep, so what does one do: work out the details for a new kind of hosted communication service in my head.
- Idea: email as a platform • 08 Oct 2010
- Adsense in all media: TV, cinema, sport, traffic • 02 Nov 2005
The other day I was talking with Francois on Google’s tests with providing ads in printed media, i.e. buying up ad space up front and deciding just before the actual printing what ads should go on which page. Adsense for...
- Jakob Nielsen: design mistake #5 • 20 Oct 2005
Jakob Nielsen has published his updated Weblog Usability: The Top Ten Design Mistakes. One that I recently have tried to fix (before Jakob published his article, honestly!) is #5: “Classic Hits are Buried”.