Posts with category: podcast
- Favourite podcasts: Basic Soul Radio Show • 28 Apr 2008
I subscribe to less and less podcasts (not enough time to listen), but there is one I always install on every newly installed iTunes. It’s called the Basic Soul Radio Show, it’s presented by Simon Harrison. Every week Simon selects...
- Nokia Nsights on Music • 02 Apr 2007
- Click to hear the MP3 (playlist) • 27 Apr 2006
More than a year ago, I wrote an piece on Playing mp3 with an embedded Flash player. Things change quickly in this area, so it’s time for an update.
- PDF podcasts: proof of concept • 07 Apr 2006
Background I read a lot of info on digital cinema these last months. I find there is little syndicated content (blog feeds) to be found on the topic. Some sites have a page of press releases and/or an email newsletter,...
- The transmission has ended … • 01 Feb 2006
Ryan and Jen have just announced that they are putting an end to their popular Lost fan podcast, “The Transmission“. Started in May 2005, the show has grown into the most popular Lost audio podcast program, featuring discussion of each...
- Apple creates RSS the Microsoft way • 15 Jan 2006
When Apple reinvented the photofeed, they actually were a bit sloppy. Instead of building upon standard RSS and the Media RSS extensions backed by Yahoo!, Feedburner et al., they decided to do what Microsoft has always been accused of: they...
- Lucas Gonze joins Yahoo! acquires Webjay • 11 Jan 2006
- Apple reinvents photocasting in iLife ’06 • 10 Jan 2006
“Eigen lof stinkt” as they say in Dutch, but who told you back in August of 2005 that RSS + images made sense (‘Photofeed: image podcasting’)?
- At last: car stereos with frontal mini-jacks • 29 Dec 2005
You need portable MP3 player for when you’re on the move. On the move includes: in the car. Why would you want to listen through tiny white earphones, if you have dozens of Watt of pure musical power already at...
- Christmas present: podcast feed validator! • 25 Dec 2005
I get a lot of “what is wrong with my podcast feed?” kind of questions because I have written a fairly popular tutorial on podcasting with Blogger and Feedburner, and a lot of people start doing podcasts that way. There’s...
- New podcast icons based on Firefox/IE feed logo • 16 Dec 2005
You might have heard that the Microsoft IE team (and Outlook 12 team) is adopting the orange square ‘feed’ logo for its web feeds:
- RFM for RSS feeds: Recency, Frequency, Momentary Value • 13 Dec 2005
I’ve been throwing round an idea in my head for a while: how the RFM method for analyzing and prediction customer behaviour could be applied to RSS feeds (blogs, podcasts, …).
- Let’s get rid of podkeyword.com • 02 Dec 2005
Bad wake-up call: theregister.co.uk reports on Erik Marcus, a podcaster who has had his podcast feed hijacked by Podkeyword.com (no link, you know why). Why am I concerned? Guess under what name my Smoothpod Mashup podcast is registered in iTunes?...
- Filling a terabyte iPod • 23 Nov 2005
- Adam Curry goes 100% podsafe • 10 Nov 2005
Adam Curry, godfather of podcasting, has had an epiphany:
- “Lost” in iTunes: good and bad news • 13 Oct 2005
There’s good news and bad news. First the good: Steve Jobs just issued a wake-up call to the movie industry. He already has shown everyone how to sell music (fixed price, basic DRM, no limits on burning) and hopes to...
- Get ready for video podcasting • 12 Oct 2005
You can argue about whether to call it ‘videocasting’, ‘vodcasting‘, ‘vlogging‘, ‘vblogging’ … But you cannot argue about the surge in buzz about it: John Q. Public is getting ready to create his own movies and show them to the...
- RSS with images: picture podcasting • 20 Jun 2005
There is something weird: after the audio-only iPods came the iPods with images, but there are no iPods for videos (yet). However, we already have video podcasts, but there are to my knowledge hardly any picture podcasts? Why did we...
- Propaganda: podcast creation tool by Mixmeister • 29 May 2005
While checking for the latests versions of Mixmeister software, the excellent audio tool for crafting MP3 mixes, (they’re at release 6.0 now), I also noticed they just released Propaganda, a Windows software for creating p0dcasts. They’ve built it on the...
- Jobs announces Podcasts in iTunes • 23 May 2005
If this is true, it could change the landscape for podcasting significantly: Apple is jumping on the podcast wagon:
- Podcast hosting: cheap or free? • 18 Apr 2005
THIS IS A POST FROM 2005 – this information is no longer accurate nor complete.
- iTunes and ID3 tags • 11 Mar 2005
I have a Sony MP-40 car radio that reads CDs with MP3 files. However, since I started using iTunes to create my MP3 CDs, I sometimes seem to lose the ID3 tags (Title/ Artist/ Album). I now know why: iTunes...
- Podcast Pepsi Challenge: doing it in the car • 10 Jan 2005
While he was still a sceptic in October 2004, Russell Beattie has taken the Pepsi Challenge and tried out listening to podcasts in the car:
- Podcast for business: authenticated podcatching • 09 Jan 2005
Podcasting is still in its infancy. A lot of podcasts programs are about podcasters podcasting, on how they do it and why it’s so great. This is rather normal, since it is still new, and on the producing side a...
- Podcasten met Blogger en SmartCast • 12 Dec 2004
(NL vertaling van How to podcast with Blogger and SmartCast)
- The ideal podcast publisher: Webjay vs Blogger-Smartcast • 06 Dec 2004
I’ve already created some podcasts with Webjay and some with Blogger + Feedburner‘s SmartCast. Neither of both was originally made for podcast feeds. Webjay (put back online by Lucas after a hacker break-in) is actually a great playlist creator tool,...
- Podcast as muzak replacement? • 04 Dec 2004
Restaurants and hairdressers in Belgium are complaining because the costs for playing muzak in their businesses (performers’ rights or ‘naburige rechten‘) will rise with 30% to 37% (De Morgen, Dec 4, 2004, p.9). I wonder: is that the same for...
- Podcast icons: what’s available • 02 Dec 2004
UPDATE: check web.forret.com podcast feed buttons
- ID3 metatags for podcast MP3s • 22 Nov 2004
There are 2 kinds of MP3 files I regularly download and throw on my iPod: podcasts and DJ mixes. Both suffer from the same problem: chaos and inconsistency in the usage of the ID3 metatags:
- IT Conversations: podcasting feeds your brain • 08 Nov 2004
There’s only one way to check if podcasting can change your life, and that is by diving completely into it. Since last week, I am the proud owner of a 20GB iPod, (the first Apple product I have ever bought)...
- How to Podcast with Blogger and SmartCast • 30 Oct 2004
This is a step-by-step manual on how to create your own Podcast feed with Blogger and Feedburner SmartCast. PRECONDITIONS: A. you have already created the MP3 files (see podcastingnews.com on software for this) B. you already have hosting for the...
- Podcasting and Windows Media Agony (WMA) • 26 Oct 2004
Thanks to Feedburner’s new SmartCast (see Podcasting with Blogger), I can now create a Podcast feed with Blogger. It works fine with MP3 files. Before I buy my portable MP3 player (iPod or Zen), I wanted to check out if...
- Webjay playlist generator • 04 Oct 2004
I have been messing around with scripts to enable grabbing mixsets automatically, and making a universal SMIL-compatible audio/video player. It looks like I needn’t bother anymore for the audio part, because Webjay has more or less what I needed for...
- Feed-based automatic download/caching • 12 May 2004
Interesting idea on HubLog (actually it’s an idea of Les Orchard).