Posts with tag: ci
- Using bashew in GitHub Actions • 15 Oct 2022
GitHub Actions, used in countless CI/CD setups, are a good example of the ubiquity of bash scripting. Most of the run: lines in an Action YML document are nothing but (a sequence of) bash command lines. I knew it would...
- Branded tools as a service • 22 Sep 2017
A lot of hosting companies already offer one-click installs for WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, dotProject. These are mostly content (CMS) tools. They’re useful, but they cover only a part of what a corporate customer would want. I would love to see...
- Brudio Stussel : Studio Brussel vs Tien om te Zien • 05 Mar 2008
Studio Brussel wordt 25 jaar en viert dat met een week ‘alles op zijn kop’. Ze lanceren “Brudio Stussel” van 25 maart tot 1 april met een geweldige campagne van de Mortierbrigade. Bruno Vanden Broecke speelt een Tien-om-te-zien producer die...
- Apple trailers: when 720p isn’t always 720p • 28 Feb 2008
One of the best places to look for high-quality movie trailers is Apple Trailers. They have lots of bandwidth and a large selection (altough they don’t have e.g. the new Indiana Jones 4 trailers, which are exclusively on Yahoo HD...
- Buying an HD-Ready TV • 19 Nov 2007
I get the question a lot, so I thought I might write a post about it as a ready-made answer to the next few.
- One continuous line movie • 15 Jun 2007
This is the video to “In Context” by Field Music. It’s just a hand drawing a really long line on a white background, but it’s worth watching until the end.
- Digital cinema advertising and me • 05 Dec 2006
Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, might have seen some posts on “digital cinema“. I have been researching the topic for more than a year now. And for a reason, of course: it seemed...
- Big bazooka: XL Gaming @ Kinepolis • 06 Nov 2006
That 24″ screen not big enough for you? Now you can a rent a movie theatre for a half hour to play Playstation games on the big screen in Kinepolis Brugge.
- Netgear SC101: crappy storage • 10 Jul 2006
UPDATE: also read my post about testing the Netgear ReadyNAS (it doesn’t suck)
- Mission Impossible III: largest digital release ever • 11 May 2006
Add one more superlative to Paramount’s “Mission: Impossible: III”: it is the largest digital release ever, playing on more than 170 digital cinema screens throughout North America. And all digital preparation and distribution to those screens was handled by Kodak...
- BMI is not perfect • 14 Mar 2006
I’ve written a post on the BMI (Body Mass Index) of the candidates for Germany’s next Top Model and I have been mentally bugged ever since. Not by images of thin girls, but by the formula of BMI: weight(kg) /...
- Digital cinema: movie distribution • 04 Mar 2006
I wrote about digital cinema earlier. I want to focus now on the distribution of movies to theatres.
- Thought DMCA was bad? Here’s DTCS! • 27 Dec 2005
While people were buying Christmas trees and turkeys, the U.S. House of Representatives, and specifically Jim Sensenbrenner (Republican) and John Conyers (Democrat), have prepared a very nice gift to the MPAA:
- Digital filmmaking: cheaper movies • 04 Aug 2005
- Digital cinema: one step closer • 31 Jul 2005
Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC (DCI) – founded in March 2002, as a joint venture of Disney, Fox, MGM, Paramount, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Universal and Warner Bros. Studios – just released its “FINAL OVERALL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS FOR DIGITAL CINEMA”:...
- Top Ten Smelly Celebrities • 25 Aug 2004
A friend told me about an off-the-record list of celebrities with unpleasant body odor, where Brad Pitt supposedly featured as #3. Some Googling later, I found out Brad has moved up to #1! Here is the list as compiled in...
- Imperial time units: here come the nunes • 08 Aug 2004
I caught an episode of Top Gear the other day. The rather excellent Jeremy Clarkson was talking about ‘driving very economically’ with a big Audi and mentioned all kinds of mpg (miles per gallon) measurements. For me, as I have...