Posts with tag: bash
- Generate individual tag/category/author pages for your Jekyll website • 21 Mar 2021
I’ve been migrating more and more of my websites to Jekyll static sites, from Wordpress. The advantages are clear: version management with git suits me (it’s how I develop software). deployment/hosting with Github Pages is very easy and can be...
- Detecting excessive SSD wear on Apple Silicon M1 machines • 22 Feb 2021
Some more professional users of the new M1 Macbooks are experiencing extremely high drive writes over relatively short time. The most severe cases have “consumed” about 10-13% of the maximum warrantable TBW (Total Bytes Written) value of the SSDs (given...
- Every country in the world in 1 (Unsplash) photo • 14 Feb 2021
I wanted to demonstrate the power of my splashmark image markup script and did the following experiment:
- Creating image reveal videos with ffmpeg and primitive (bash) • 21 Jan 2021
One of the projects I started during the lockdown is @squaredforwork which is now named “Guess the movie?” . It is based on years of experimenting with image manipulation and information reduction. Basically: how much visual information do you need...
- Using Homebrew on Apple Silicon M1 natively (bash) • 19 Dec 2020
After reading all the raving reviews online about the new Apple M1-based Mac computers, and after losing too much time with my overheating MacBook Pro 2013 that’s on its last legs, I caved and bought a Mac Mini M1.
- Splashmark: easy Unsplash image markup on the command line (bash) • 07 Oct 2020
See this photo below? It was created with one, albeit rather long, command line:
- setver: Package (semver) version management for bash/PHP/Node • 31 Jul 2020
When you’re creating software packages that will be used by other people, you need to get your versioning in order. For PHP libraries, this means: both the version number in composer.json as well as the git tag for Github/Bitbucket. For...
- Web services in the console (bash) • 06 Jun 2020
I spend a lot of my day in a terminal window, and I love automating stuff with bash scripts. Sometimes those scripts need to do perform actions based on external conditions: location (country), weather, bandwidth speed …
- QR Experiments: QR-ized photos • 27 May 2020
This is my 2nd QR Experiments post, also check the first one on QR Roulette!
- Making the Pixel Movie Quiz • 07 May 2020
Imagemagick is a command-line tool to create and modify image files. It is an essential program if you want to work with media files (just like ffmpeg and sox). I have used it very often in my career and I...
- Easy site deployment on Gandi with git and gdeploy (bash) • 06 Apr 2020
(Use this link to get 6 months of free hosting on Gandi!).
- New project: bash boilerplate generator on toolstud.io • 03 Jun 2018
I like to automate. I like it so much that I will not hesitate to spend 8+ hours on writing a script that replaces 5 minutes of work every month. Most of my automation is for CLI (command line interfaces)....
- Cleaning up an infected PHP server (Mal/Badsrc-M – Troj/PHPShll-B) • 29 Oct 2012
I recently discovered that a number of sites of mine were considered unsafe by Google, Firefox, Yandex … The reason was they had detected malware being served to visitors of the site. I checked a bit further and I discovered...