Posts with category: brussel
- Nokia Trends Lab @ AB • 07 May 2008
This Friday in the Ancienne Belgique: Nokia Trends Lab with Shameboy. There was a remix contest for a Shameboy song and it was won by Pieter Santens. I also downloaded the tracks last week and thought I’d use Acid Express...
- FM Brussel playlist live on Twitter • 16 Apr 2008
Via Pietel I heard of a Twitter account that publishes the playlist of StuBru in real-time. Interesting, but I listen to FM Brussel. How hard would it be to make the same thing for FM Brussel? Not that hard, it...
- Tasting whisky • 29 Jan 2008
This weekend was filled with heavy alcohol, since I went to a whisky tasting. We only drank a ‘wee dram’ (2,5 cl) at a time, with some bread and water in between so we remained sober enough to listen to...
- Pecha Kucha Brussels • 25 Jan 2008
- MIVB en Google Transit • 06 Dec 2007
Wouldn’t this be a great idea: the Brussels public transport not mapped by MIVB‘s horribly unpractical route planner, but by Google’s Transit maps. You just need to get an export of the stops, the routes and the times, and they...
- Barcamp Where #4 • 31 Oct 2007
I’m getting a little nervous. Barcamp Brussels is gonna happen on Nov 24th or Dec 1st and I still haven’t found a location. All my options have returned negative. The previous times I never really had a problem with that....
- Announced: Barcamp Brussels #4 • 15 Oct 2007
It’s almost been 6 months, so here we go for the 4th time: I’m starting the preparations for Barcamp Brussels #4.
- Porque te vas (Jeanette) • 17 Sep 2007
This is a song I like to play when I’m DJing, it makes people smile: “Porque Te Vas” by Jeanette (Dimech).
- My City, Your city: Brussels • 24 Jul 2007
Because Ine asked me nicely:
- Arno on the Francofolies • 24 Jul 2007
Arno and his deep-philosophical reflections on life, music and being paid.
(Interview on RTBF about the Francofolies festival)
- Barcamp Brussels: one month to go • 06 Apr 2007
In about 30 days, a bunch of Internet entrepreneurs, enthusiasts and geeks will gather at the Halles des Tanneurs in Brussels to share experiences and learn from each other: Barcamp Brussels. This is the 3rd edition of this ‘unconference’ that...
- Barcamp Brussels #3: May 5th in the Marolles! • 08 Mar 2007
It has been decided, the bullet is through the church (*)!
Barcamp Brussels#3 will take place on Saturday May 5th at the Halles Des Tanneurs, the renovated Wine Palace right in the Brussels Marolles!
- Brussels statistics: Atlas 2006 • 26 Oct 2006
The “Observatorium voor Gezondheid en Welzijn” institute of Brussels has just published a 160-page report full of statistics and Graphics about Brussels: The 2006 Atlas. It is full of interesting data about Brussels, its internal diversity and the differences with...
- Barcamp Brussels: this Sunday! • 19 Sep 2006
Five more days to go! Some more tips for those of you who are attending Barcamp Brussels on Sunday:
- Barcamp Brussels is approaching! • 11 Sep 2006
The day is coming closer: Barcamp Brussels II on Sunday Sept 24th!!
- Brussels’ traffic is kinda safe • 12 Jul 2006
Imagine my amazement: when processing the numbers from the Belgian traffic accidents in 2005 (statbel), Brussels turns out to be a lot safer than one would suspect. Or let’s just say: there’s worse:
- On the origin of speeches • 02 Jun 2006
If you were wondering why I posted so little this week: I was collecting presentations, sorting through pictures (Flickr and Lifeblogger) and movies (Google video and Dailymotion) and posting the reviews of the Barcamp topics. The collection is still not...
- Barcamp Brussels: when the day is done • 23 May 2006
And what a day it was! It went by in a rush, without any major mishaps and with lots of smiling people all around. Me, I just ran around on adrenaline and cafeine (probably equal parts), while catching only the...
- Barcamp Brussels: 10 days to go! • 09 May 2006
Saturday 20 May
- Barcamp Brussels: less than a month to go • 24 Apr 2006
Some more details on the Barcamp event of May 20th:
- Barcamp Brussels: May 20 2006 • 04 Apr 2006
So there it is: after some feedback on my Barcamp announcement post, we fixed the date and location for Barcamp Brussels!
- REQ: more “BEING SPACES” in Brussels • 15 Mar 2006
Anyone who often works at home is probably familiar with this: sometimes you would like to work somewhere else to finish something undisturbed, to see some people while you work instead of just the PC and the refrigerator, to have...
- Broadband in Brussels • 17 Feb 2006
(post seems to have disappeared when I migrated to WordPress I have what is proving to be an expensive habit: I’m subscribed to over 30 podcasts (including e.g. Diggnation at 300MB/week), I regularly download software to try out, I use...
- Open Wifi Hotspots in Brussels • 27 Oct 2005
This blog post is from 2005 – it’s here for historic reasons, but none of the original links still work.
- Belgium does not need earlier retirement • 16 Oct 2005
Whatever the Belgian unions like ABVV and ACV would like to say, Belgium needs shorter work careers like a moose needs a hat rack.
- Brussels Bloggers Meeting on Oct 7 • 19 Sep 2005
(NL versie hieronder – version FR ci-dessous)
- Brusselse Stadsblog gaat van start! • 05 Sep 2005
(post in dutch)
- GEZOCHT: medewerkers voor brussel.blogt.be • 03 Jul 2005
(post in dutch)
- Mappy has aerial photo overlay • 09 Nov 2004
They might already have it for a while, but I hadn’t noticed: Mappy.com can add an aerial picture of the neighbourhood you are searching. The street map is then overlayed on the aerial picture and you have a slider to...